I was trying to figure out a way to get my focus students' 'Student Voice' questionnaire responses (for the beginning of unit evaluation) onto here… No luck so far. However, I have an Excel Spreadsheet of their individual responses, and graphed and collated data for the whole class. I will keep this with the rest of my inquiry hardcopy evidence.
The final piece of data was a more recent Level 5 ARB test. This was administered on Thursday 31/07. Student A was absent, and had been since the beginning of Term 3.
Student B, D, and E all scored zero.
Student C scored 1.
I plan on testing them with the same test at the end of the unit, to see improvement.
Today was the day I gave the students, well most of them, their 'Project Pack'. This was all in a zip-lock bag, and had a new exercise book, a 'Beginning to Read to Succeed' Project booklet, a booklet with tasks for their individual written text that they are studying, their novel that they chose, and a little chocolate. We went through the Project booklet, and talked through what they are going to be doing. Then they ALL got stuck into their reading.
I even heard a, "This is a cool book," from a reluctant male reader in the class.
Some students are a bit apprehensive about the work, but I assured them they would be fine, and that I am there to help.
Some other comments from students, over the last week and today, include:
"When do we get to start our project unit? I'm really excited."
"Can we take our books home to read?"
"What do I need to do to achieve this work?"
"I am going to do everything I can to prepare for next year."
So, Day One - so far, so good. However, unfortunately Student A was absent again today, and Student D has been stood down until this Friday. Not such a good start for them.
I am away at #edchatNZ conference for the other two lessons I would have this class this week. So I will see how they go working independently while I am away. And I will then see how they are going when I come back.
Very exciting!
ReplyDeleteUpload your excel spreadsheet into drive if you want a clouded copy.
Tomorrow!! You're here tomorrow!! :D
PS - Carol was wanting to change font on her blog post - Like you've done here - I couldn't for the life of me remember how I did it! Can you please show me?
ReplyDeleteWill show you on Friday about the font :-) YAY tomorrow.
ReplyDelete