I have just finished marking my 5th class set of timed essays in two days. Leading up to exams (which are next week) my senior classes have all been writing timed, closed book essays during class. It's a little bit awkward, as three classes are only entered for two standards, so they get 90 minutes to write the essay - this is one and a half lessons. The other class is only entered for one standard, so gets three hours - this is three lessons. My three classes with two standards have been completing back-to-back timed essays, trying to get them prepared for the time pressure of the exams, and what they can write in that time. It would be nicer if they fit into one lesson.
However, I am so over marking essays. It is not just giving a mark either. Giving feed forward too. They take forever - and they are definitely not the only thing on my to-do list.
I will have three more sets coming in tomorrow, and two more on Wednesday. Flip! I really do not want to think about that.
But the students are appreciating (well, most of them) the 24 hour turn around time (except the ones that were finished on Friday - could not give them back on Saturday :-)).
On another note, tomorrow morning I will be giving out my Year 10s 'project' book and written text novel and resources - I put together a pack, which includes a 'project' booklet, a booklet of the resources for the text they have chosen, a copy of the novel they have chosen, and a new exercise book. I must blog my final data tomorrow, to kick start my inquiry. Far too tired now.
No comments:
Post a Comment