It's late Sunday afternoon, almost early Sunday evening, and like usual I have been working all day. This is my typical Sunday routine - marking, getting resources organised (or created), and preparing for the week ahead. Add in there my addiction to learning (I have been having a play around with GIMP this weekend, and creating a Visual Essay using GIMP and iMovie (another programme I am fumbling my way around)) and you have a pretty full on weekend.
And yet at 5:30 I STILL have a pile of work left to do! So what am I doing? Procrastinating by blogging (although technically this was on my list of things to do as well). Where did all the time go this weekend? Why is it that no matter what I always end up running out of time on a Sunday to get everything done?
Don't get me wrong - I work hard during the week too. Often at work till 5:30/6, then after my 40 minute drive home, I usually get stuck into a couple more hours at home.
As someone mentioned earlier this week on Twitter (in fact, I think there was even a blog about it), why is it that some teachers just can't switch off? I certainly cannot. I think I need more hours in my day - that's for sure.
I still have 4 class sets of timed essays to mark and comment on (in the lead up to exams), and I have the remaining data that I intend to use as the baseline for my teaching inquiry to write up (we are getting started on the unit this Tuesday!).
I am quite excited, I just have to mention, about the upcoming #edchatNZ conference at the end of this week. I had a look over the Draft Programme and there are SO many things I want to attend - just ALL unfortunately on at the same time!
I am also quite excited about being involved in the BeLT (Blended e-Learning Lead Team) at school, and working alongside people who think along the same lines as me, and are just as into integrating technology into their practice. We are getting Chrome books this week to investigate - work out the bits that work well and the challenging bits, as a part of our investigation into BYOD, which is part of the bigger e-learning plan.
Before I really get behind, I should probably go back to marking those essays - they aren't going to mark themselves!
No comments:
Post a Comment