I do still get some initial drafting to be completed under teacher supervision. In some cases I have been lucky enough to be able to do this in a computer lab, and therefore on Google Docs. In other cases, we have done some initial drafting by hand (God forbid), and then working on later versions on Google Docs.
I have been able to track when students have been working on their work, and at times have had some back-and-forth conversations on students' Google Docs a bit later in the night. It is so convenient that both the students and I can hope on when we have the time.
A friend of mine recently directed me to Doctopus - a Google Add-on that can be useful in organising student folders, and for the sharing of documents with ease. And I DID IT! I managed to start using it this weekend. I already had my folders organised, but with Doctopus I was able to share out a single document to all students individually, without needing to create 20-odd separate documents like I had been doing previously. Folders are also automatically created when I can upload, or create, documents where students can only view, or where they can all edit the same document. This is going to be EXTREMELY useful!
I have also created a Google Form for an initial evaluation for my Year 10s, before they begin the unit I created for my inquiry.
I have looked into becoming a Google Educator, with the goal to look at applying for the Google Teacher Academy next year. I am going to aim to complete my exams during the next holidays.
I have started following more people on twitter, have downloaded Tweetdeck onto my Macbook and set it up, and have even tweeted someone and used a hashtag! Next steps: get actively involved in #edchatnz and #engchatnz.
Not to mention I have also commented on Year 11 Creative Writing drafts (via Google Docs), Year 13 Connections planning (not quite yet on Google Docs - but their reports will be), check marked Year 11 Formal Writing, re-organised my USBs, created this blog, created Year 11 and 12 'Extra Credit' booklets for Personal Reading, and am about to comment on Year 13 Writing portfolio work (via Google Docs, of course :-)) and mark some Year 12 and 13 literature essays (which have Google Doc Learning Logs). Well, maybe the last two might spill over to tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment